CPVC Schedule 80 Piping System
Corzan® CPVC Schedule 80 Pipe and Fittings - featuring superior high-temperature strength and chemical resistance, Corzan® CPVC is used in a wide variety of piping applications. CPVC is essentially immune to chemical attack by virtually all acids, bases, salts, aliphatic solutions, oxidants and halogens. The use of CPVC piping can be considered for any industrial application where inorganic chemicals or aggressive hot water piping systems are needed. CPVC pipe’s corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, temperature capabilities, flow characteristics, light weight, and longevity offer significant cost-savings over metallic systems. CPVC piping products are NSF approved for use with potable water.
Physical Properties / Characteristics
• Withstands temperatures to 200°F
• NSF approved for potable water service
• Light weight - 1/5 the weight of metallics
• Can be cemented, welded and machined
• Excellent chemical and corrosion resistance
• Low heat transfer - good insulating qualities
• Good electrical insulation values
• Virtually no contamination of process fluids
• UL fire rating of V-0, is considered self-extinguishing, and will not support combustion
*Schedule 80 CPVC piping is suitable for threaded applications, at or below 150°F. Threading of Schedule 80 CPVC reduces the pressure rating by 50%.