Plast-O-Matic Series VBM Vacuum Breaker feature a patented, normally closed, diaphragm design that can be mounted in any position; however, upright is recommended. For enclosed tank applications, mounting should be at the highest point of the tank. These vacuum Breaker will begin to break a vacuum at approximately 2 inches of mercury.
Protects Tanks and Equipment
Designed to protect enclosed tanks from collapse or structural damage during draining. Also, this unit prevents siphoning of liquids in piping systems. Prevents vacuum which can cause damage to sensitive instruments and filters in piping systems.
100 psi Pressure Rating
Full 100 psi Maximum Internal Pressure at 73°F for PVC, CPVC, PVDF and Polypropylene models.
VBM and VBS Features
• Self-closing - not dependent upon gravity
• For corrosive and ultra-pure liquids
• Begins opening at 2 inches of mercury
• Eliminates siphoning of dangerous fluids
• EPDM or Viton® seals available on all models